SoSe 19: Software Engineering
Additional information / Pre-requisites
- compulsory module in BSc of Computer Science
- elective module in Computer Science Minor
- MSc school teacher students (Großer Master mit Zweitfach Informatik) may chose this module together with "Praktikum SWT (19516c)", thereby replacing modules "Net programming" and "Embedded Internet"
ALP III or Informatik B
The course language is German, including all slides and practice sheets. A minority of slides is in English.
The exam is formulated in German, but answers may be given in English, too.
Software Engineering is the science of software construction on a grand scale, that is the basic course of systems engineering.
Software Engineering aims at giving answers to the following questions:
- How to find out which characterstics a software should have (requirements engineering)
- How to describe these characteristics (specifcation)
- How to structure software so that it may be built easily and changed flexibly (design)
- How to change software which does not have such a structure or whose structure you do not understand (anymore) (reengineering)
- How to disguise defects in software (quality assurance, test)
- How to organise the tasks in a software company or department to regularly achieve cost-efficient and high-quality results (process management)
- Which (largely common) problems underlie all of these questions and which (mostly common) general approaches underlie the methods and techniques that are used
...and many similar ones.
This lecture gives an overview of the methods and provides essential basic knowledge for any computer scientist working as an engineer.
More detailed information may be found on the homepage http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/w/SE/VorlesungSoftwaretechnikclose
Bernd Brügge, Allen Dutoit: Objektorientierte Softwaretechnik mit UML, Entwurfsmustern und Java, Pearson 2004.
25 Class schedule
Additional appointmentsThu, 2019-07-18 12:00 - 14:00
ContentSoftware Engineering is the science of software construction on a grand scale, that is the basic course of systems engineering. Software Engineering aims at giving answers to the ... read more